Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Little Disappointed...

I was excited to see a new Fly Gypsy tape on livemixtapes.com . I was excited until I listened to it. This is not material I would suggest putting out for a second release ( second release,that I know of). I was pretty disappointed to hear all the samples, and re-used vocals (of their own). The only song that got me semi- excited was Brooklyn Beauty then I realized that it was the same lyrics as Wildflower (on Vodka & Rum Mixtape) just a different tune. This is not a diss so don't take it that way it is simply an unsatisfied customer hoping that they return to their original ingenuity. Fly Gypsy had a good thing going why start sampling garbage artist, such as Green Day?
Just A Thought.
Samson.

2 comments:

Alexei said...

Peace bro! Thanks for the feedback. Sorry you feel disappointed about the release. Remember, it's a remix project, thus the title. Nevertheless, the only re-used lyrics were on Replay and Wildflower (partially), with the latter being a bonus track. The remaining tracks have all new lyrics and reworked beats. Hope you give it another chance. I think you might get into it after a listen or two. As for other releases, we have the Vodka & Rum Mixtape and Change for a Dollar EP. You can check it all out at http://flygypsy.com/music.

Much love and thanks for the support!

Alexei
Fly Gypsy

The Grind Stoned said...

Thanks for coming by and suggesting I give it a few more listens. I think I was just expecting something a little different but I'm definitely digging a lot more of these tracks. I still like Vodka & Rum better, but most of these new tracks show some real musical prowess. Keep up the good work, and keep feeding the fans.
Samson