Friday, December 25, 2009

This Is How We Do. In 2010...


Why do I look forward to every Cool Kids release? Not to hard to tell, every release is fresh; consistently. To be honest from all the Cool Kids songs I've heard I can't recall one I didn't like. The Cool Kids are innovative and here to stay (all of their clothing fads aside). I know that they like to consider themselves the new Beastie Boys, and I'm cool with that. I mean I'm a huge Beastie fan even the new track they did with Nas. But, to be honest I don't think of The Cool Kids as the next coming of Beastie Boy, I don't feel they're picking up any slack in the Beastie's absence. I feel like they've carved a different but similar niche. I get the similarity in the fact that they both have heavy drum patterns and steady 'get your point across' lyrics. I remember hearing a quote by or about the Beastie Boys stating that at their concerts they were hoping for a hip- hop crowd yet the majority was drunk frat boys. Well 2009 eh. 2010 this is where its at. Your ideal frat/ college/ I'm The Shit music. Thank you Cool Kids.
Free Mixtape Download

0 comments: