Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Next Wyclef?


I found this mixtape about a week or two ago on datpiff.com , I mainly was intrigued by the title being an interesting mix of alcohols. Since I downloaded it I had't given it too many listens, but within the past few days it has been on a current state of play on my iPod. It's called the Vodka & Rum Mixtape by Fly Gypsy. After giving the Fly Gypsy mixtape a good amount of play I realized I need to inform people of the incredible craftsmanship and talent of this group. This is a must download mixtape, no questions asked. Fly Gypsy is comprised of two members, Kowboy Kom and Alexei Jendayi. Jendayi being a Russian born producer and Kowboy Kom being a Jamaican emcee, hence the mixtape name Vodka & Rum. These two artists blend impressive lyrical talent with incredible production using live instruments fused with electronic style music. Fly Gypsy has been compared to the Fugees, Kanye West, and Jay- Z according to their site. So check out their site and this incredible mixtape I promise you won't be disappointed...

Samson.

0 comments: